Construction Career Collaborative continues to gain momentum. During the past year, the Board of Directors of C3 approved 52 contractors as Accredited Employers, including nine general contractors and 43 specialty contractors. In addition, eight companies were approved as Project Participants, all of whom are working on the C3 project, Texas Children’s Hospital - The Woodlands. But, we still have much, much more work to do in order to achieve our goal of creating a sustainable workforce for the commercial construction industry. In fact, we have hardly started.
The next step in our growth is to hire an Operations Manager. We are looking for someone with experience in the construction industry that fits the qualifications listed in the job description below. If you, or someone you know, fit these qualifications, please consider this job opportunity.
Position Description for the C3 Operations Manager:
Construction Career Collaborative is an alliance of socially responsible Owners, Contractors and Specialty Contractors whose mission is to positively affect the issues facing the craft worker for the commercial construction industry. In short, the construction industry has an unsustainable work force for many complex and interwoven reasons. If you are a self-directed individual with a can-do attitude who welcomes a challenge, possess excellent organizational and communication skills, have experience in and an understanding of the construction industry, this may be the opportunity for you.
Position Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
The Operations Manager will have responsibility for documenting and executing the requirements developed by the Construction Career Collaborative such as:
- Provide administrative oversight of all of C3’s activities on a day-to-day basis to ensure policy, procedure and audit compliance with C3 standards.
- Implement and execute standards and controls for all policies and procedures.
- Process all C3 applications.
- Maintain contact and provide outstanding customer service to all of C3’s participants, applicants and inquiring parties.
- Administer the database.
- Walk participants through the set up process and confirm their compliance.
- Be the leader on craft training curriculum.
- Organize and update all C3 documentation.
- Prepare and distribute documentation for C3 Board of Directors Meetings.
- Attend C3 Board of Directors Meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Administer the C3 billing process.
- Administer the C3 web site.
- Coordinate C3 meetings and social functions.
- Work with the Executive Director to help ensure that the organization runs as smoothly as possible.
- Maintain liaison with C3 project owners.
- Experience in and a thorough understanding of the commercial construction industry
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Self directed
- Assertive and professional personality
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of human resources
- Can-do attitude
Pay & Benefits – Salary (contingent upon qualifications and experience)
Excellent benefits include group health insurance, dental plan, paid term life and long-term disability insurance, as well as 401(k) retirement plan, and flexible spending account for medical and dependent care.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to: Chuck Gremillion, email@example.com