Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) of Greater Houston presented the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) awards at the July ABC Membership Breakfast. The Greater Houston chapter has 70 contractor member companies who are participating in STEP - including 52 Diamond and Platinum level recipients, the highest of the program’s accolades.
The STEP program was established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety Committee. It was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. Participating in STEP provides contractors with an opportunity to measure their progress through a 20 Key Component self-evaluation to identify areas of improvement and benchmark performance with fellow ABC members. More specifically, the program:
- Gives an organized approached to analyze and further develop a company’s safety and loss prevention program.
- Offers an objective method to measure a company’s safety program improvements from year to year.
- Enables a company to benchmark their firm’s safety record with similar companies and industry averages.
- Provides the company with safety performance recognition that can be used as an important business development tool with potential clients.
- Helps reduce company’s incidence rates and days away, restricted or transferred (DART) rates.
- Helps lower company’s experience modification rate (EMR or “mod factor”), which can lower annual workers’ compensation insurance rates.
ABC Greater Houston’s STEP recipients are as follows:
Our Diamond Award recipients are:
Aggregate Technologies Inc.
BE&K Building Group
Brock Services, LLC
Cajun Industries, LLC
Chamberlin Roofing & Waterproofing
D.E. Harvey Builders, Inc.
Fast Track Specialties, LP
Gilbane Building Company
ISC Constructors, LLC
Marek Brothers Systems, Inc.
Mobley Industrial Services, Inc.
The Mundy Companies
PCL Industrial Construction Company
Performance Contractors, Inc.
RUS Industrial, LLC
S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
Safway Services LLC
Standard Constructors, Inc.
STARCON International, Inc.
TNT Crane & Rigging, Inc.
W.T. Byler Co.
Our Platinum Award recipients are:
Bluewater Constructors, Inc.
Burrow Global Services, LLC
Camarata Masonry Systems, LTD
Craig & Heidt, Inc.
Enterprise Commercial Paving
Evergreen Industrial Services
Garney Companies, Inc.
Jamail & Smith Construction
Karsten Interior Services
Peterson Beckner Industries
Rust Constructors Inc.
SpawGlass Construction Corporation
Summit Industrial Construction, LLC
Teal Construction Company
TRIAD Electric & Controls
Turner Industries Group, LLC
Our Gold Award recipients are:
Bayou City Industrial Contractors, Ltd
Contech Control Services
Correct Electric, Inc.
Creative Resource Group
E. E. Reed Construction, L. P.
E3 Electric, Ltd
J.M. Maly, Inc.
Performance Electric L.P.
Satterfield & Pontikes Construction Inc.
Slack & Co. Contracting, Inc.
Straight Line Industrial Services, Inc.
Structure Tone Southwest, Inc.
The Gonzalez Group
Tracer Construction LLC
Our Silver Award recipients are:
L-Con, Inc. Engineers & Constructors
Oxford Builders Inc.
Schear Hampton Drywall, LLC./Tetonka Const.