The construction industry may not be number one in the fight to curb environmental degradation, but some companies are trying to make changes to help the world.
STI Firestop, a leading innovative fire protection systems company for more than 30 years, works with the construction industry to create simple solutions to complex firestopping problems while also keeping a commitment to environmental stewardship. United Tool and Fastener is proud to carry STI Firestop products.
STI Firestop is committed to minimizing environmental impact with its products by:
- Producing products using environmentally friendly processes
- Using reclaimed/recycled ingredients wherever possible
- Using non-hazardous ingredients
- Examining environmental issues when developing products
- Preventing pollution, reducing waste and minimizing consumption of resources
- Encouraging environmental protection among suppliers and subcontractors
- Using sensors and energy-efficient lighting systems at all facilities
- Encouraging water conservation practices and using equipment that conserves water.
Furthermore, STI Firestop has achieved GREENGUARD GOLD Certification by UL. This program was designed to ensure building materials meet certain reduced levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) to minimize indoor air pollution, risk of harmful chemical exposure and protection of indoor air quality (IAQ). STI Firestop focuses on eliminating any air quality issues with its products, and is proud to be the first firestopping manufacturer to achieve these stringent standards for chemical emission through UL.
STI’s Firestop materials and pathway devices are designed with the environment in mind. Wherever possible, formulations include material obtained from recycled sources and contain bio-based materials, and STI Firestop takes steps to minimize or eliminate volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) in products. Additionally, strict methods to reduce packaging and promote the use of recycled packaging is utilized.
If you are new to the STI Firestop brand, some of the types of products it offers include:
- Construction joints
- Curtain wall
- Smoke and acoustical
- Protective wraps