By all reports, the 3rd Annual Construction Career Collaborative (C3) Golf Tournament was a great success. Our golfers enjoyed a beautiful day at Northgate Country Club in Houston, Texas. And of course, we owe a great debt to our sponsors for making the day possible. Visit the new C3 website for a list of sponsors, winning teams, and great pictures.
The golf tournament provided the perfect opportunity to give our supporters an update on progress made this year by our volunteer board and committees. Our workforce initiative has grown from its inception as a great idea into a non-profit organization. Those of you who have followed our progress know that at the core we are an alliance of owners, general contractors, and specialty contractors who promote and endorse the following principles:
- Promote the financial security, health and well-being of all craft workers.
- Require construction industry safety training standards for the workforce.
- Commit to craft training.
Through 2013 our leaders began to shape this alliance to further define how we will function as an organization. Through the inclusion of C3 General Conditions-Specifications on commercial construction projects, C3 will begin to elevate standards by which we engage our workforce, ensuring that we meet our legal and ethical commitments to our craft workforce. C3 will focus activities on the following areas.
- Craft Training - Through developing craft training standards based on national best practices for the commercial construction industry and leveraging existing resources, C3 will promote and support craft training.
- Safety Training - Through the development of a standardized, portable, commercial construction safety awareness course, the C3 5-Hour Safety Awareness, C3 will positively impact the safety, health, and well-being of the craft worker.
- Industry Awareness - Through the development of the C3 Accredited Employer Program, educational seminars and presentations educate owners, developers, architects, contractors, and the community on the benefits of providing for the health and well-being of the commercial construction craft worker.
Below is a three-minute video of Jim Stevenson and myself offering a few closing remarks at the luncheon following the golf tournament last month. You will hear Jim sharing that C3 now has now enlisted three owners to their board of directors: Peter Dawson from Texas Children’s Hospital, Spencer Moore from MD Anderson, and John Roberts from Jones Lang LaSalle.
Our first C3 Accredited Employers are now participating in a pilot program, and we look forward to announcing who they are in the coming weeks!
Add new comment