Another Excellence In Construction (EIC) awards event in the books! For the past 15 years, the American Subcontractors Association – Houston Chapter (ASA-HC) has presented companies and individuals in the architectural, engineering, and construction industry awards for excellence.
Unlike many of the construction industry awards given, ASA-HC’s awards are based on the business practices and the working environment created by general contractors and architects on projects in the Houston area. ASA-HC believes that this relationship-based type of awards program recognizes those in the construction industry who understand and embrace building as more than just a business; that construction is the daily lifeblood for tens of thousands of individuals in the Houston area employed by the construction industry and for the millions of Houstonians and visitors who work, play and worship in what the industry creates.
This year 115 nominations in eight categories were made by the members of ASA-HC. Members then cast their votes in each category, and 40 individuals/companies were announced as the Top Five in each of the eight categories. On Friday, Jan. 27, 2012, in front of 260 construction industry colleagues, the winner in each category was announced and presented with an Excellence In Construction award.
The 2011 winners:
- General Contractor of the Year: Gilbane Building Company
- Architectural/Engineering Firm of the Year: Gensler
- Project Manager of the Year: Stephen Crippen, Gilbane Building Company
- Project Superintendent of the Year: Gerald Moore, Gilbane Building Company
- General Contractor Safety Award: Gilbane Building Company
- Project of the Year Over $15 Million: El Paso Energy, Gilbane Building Company
- Project of the Year Between $5 - $15 Million: Methodist Sugar Land Hospital Level 6 Renovation, Austin Commercial
- Project of the Year Under $5 Million: Faithbridge United Methodist Church, Turner Construction Company
The complete list of 2011 Top Five nominees, past winners and photos from past events can be found on the American Subcontractors Association Houston Chapter website.